Mitsides Quinoa with vegetables and tahini sauce
Whether it’s for your wallet or your wellness, there’s no denying homemade lunches are better than shop-bought. But with busier schedules and more high street lunch options than ever before, it’s often easy to forget about preparing the Tupperware the night before. Here, Food Blogger of www.mitisdesgroup.com Stephania Mitsides talks us through one of her favourite lunch recipes, which can save you time *and* help you eat well.
We truly believe that really good food nourishes both the body and the soul, and that any source of healthy food should be easy to make and even easier to enjoy.
This recipe is really easy and simple but also good if you’re trying to increase your veggie intake because all the ingredients involve vegetables – so you’re never short on greens. Eating more greens also means your skin is super glowy!
Keep reading for her go-to lunch recipes to feel on-point all day.
• 1½ cup Mitsides white Quinoa
• ½ cup Mitsides red Quinoa
• 4 cups water
• 1 cauliﬂower head
• 1 broccoli head
• 2 sweet red peppers, cut into strips
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts
• Olive oil
• salt and pepper
Now the juicy part – For the tahini sauce
• 3 tablespoons of good quality tahini
• 6 tablespoons of water
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon carob honey
• Salt and pepper
Method – follow the steps below:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
2. Cut cauliﬂower and broccoli into small ﬂorets
3. In a large baking pan lined with parchment paper spread the broccoli, cauliﬂower, peppers and garlic.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper. Stir well and spread vegetables on the baking dish
5. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes
6. In the meantime, put the two types of quinoa in a colander and rinse well with water
7. Put the 4 cups of water in a saucepan and when it has boiled, add the quinoa with some salt
8. Cook for about 10 minutes until all water is absorbed.
9. Cover the pot with a towel and set aside
10. To make the sauce, put all the ingredients in a mixer and blend for at least 1 minute. Try taste and if necessary adjust the quantities of materials
11. When the vegetables are cooked, remove the garlic and place them in the pot with the quinoa and stir
12. Serve in deep dishes and drizzle with the tahini sauce and pine nuts