Chocolate egg or Low fat Chocolate Crunch bar? Hmmm…
With Easter fast approaching, you can’t blame us for having chocolate on our minds! In fact, saying no to easter eggs and Tsoureki bread baked with love from your auntie, mama or giagia is even harder! This recipe is dedicated to all those chocoholics out there!
Most of us automatically assume that any recipe with chocolate as it’s main ingredient would be deemed unhealthy. Usually those recipes contain high amounts of sugar an other processed ingredients which definitely won’t do us any good. The below recipe by Sophia Brown, Nutritionist & Healthy Food Blogger, gets our chocolatey seal of approval because she used low fat chocolate chips. Below she has prepared a little recipe to help satisfy your sweet tooth this Easter without compromising on your health!
What you need:
– 6 cups chocolate-flavor crispy rice cereal
– 1½ tablespoon margarine
– 1½ tablespoon peanut butter
– 225g marshmallows
– 1/3 cup reduced fat semisweet chocolate chips
1. Spray a 1 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
2. Place the rice cereal in a large bowl.
3. In a saucepan combine the marshmallows and margarine with peanut butter; cook stirring constantly over low heat until marshmallows are melted.
4. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir with wooden spoon until well coated.
5. Add in reduced-fat chocolate chips.
6. Press the mixture into prepared pan, using a rubber spatula to spread out.
7. Cut into 24 bars
8. And you’re ready! Enjoy!